Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

I always seem to get in a habit of cooking the SAME OLD THING week after week so the other day, I went out searching for some new dinner ideas. I ran across this Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada recipe and decided to give it a try. Larry is not a fan of sour cream and I remembered that about half way through my baking time. I decided to go ahead with it...

I didn't get any pictures (naturally) but because they turned out SO good, I wanted to share the recipe with you. I served ours with Mexican Rice & chips/queso. Larry all but licked his plate & told me this was one of the Top 5 best dishes I've ever made. He went on to say, this would be a dish he'd pay up to $30 if he had to order it in a restaurant! (Silly boy!)

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
2 c chicken breast, diced
1/4 c margarine
1 lb Montery jack cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp flour
1 med. onion
2 c chicken broth
8 (8-in) flour tortillas
1 c sour cream
1 (4-oz) can green chiles, chopped

- In a frypan, cook chicken & onion together in oil over medium heat until chicken is just done.
- Divide chicken evenly between 8 tortillas; add 1 1/2 Tbsp cheese to each tortilla.
- Roll enchiladas & place seam-side down in 9x13 baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; stir & cook until bubbly; gradually add chicken broth & bring to a boil - stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream & green chiles; mix well then pour evenly over enchiladas.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese & bake on 350 for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce near edges are bubbly.

I actually had some chicken fajita meat and used it. I buy the Mexian rice or Spanish rice in the Lipton sides packages & add about a half can of corn. Once the rice is done, I top with shredded cheese. Love it!

While this is easy to assemply & deliciously creamy - you don't want to eat it all the time. This should serve 8 and contains almost 492 calories per serving! YIKES! I told you it was good! (HA!)

No comments:

Post a Comment