Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Girl Scout Casserole from Your Little Birdie

A couple of weeks ago, Kelly's Korner hosted a blog where other bloggers posted their favorite Main Course recipe. Of course, I LOVE recipes & blogs so I was all over stalking me out some new recipes! I found this recipe for Girl Scout Casserole from yourlittlebirdie and was not disappointed! I have also fallen in love with this blog so I added it to my favorites!

Of course, I was a little late getting the picture & it's not the best one ever but....it's a picture - right?!!!Girl Scout Casserole

2 lbs ground beef
1 small chopped onion
2 small cans tomato sauce (I added the 20 oz size can)
1 can corn, drained
6-8 slices, American cheese (I used shredded Cheddar)
2 cans (whop 'em) biscuits

Brown beef & onion. (I added salt, pepper & garlic to taste) Drain & return to pan. Place on low heat. Stir in tomato sauce & corn. Top with American cheese & biscuits with sides touching. Place lid on top & cook for 15 minutes. The steam will cook the biscuits like dumplings.

I'm actually laughing at myself right now as I type this recipe! Want to know why? Well, I pre-heated my oven to 350 and once I stirred in the tomato sauce & corn, I transferred everything to my baking dish AND THEN covered with shredded cheese & biscuits. (Obviously I do not follow "recipes" very well because no where does it say do that!!) Oh well!!

I only used 1 can of large size biscuits & stretched them thinly across the top.

AND THEN....I covered with aluminum foil and placed in the oven for 20 minutes. I removed aluminum foil and stuck back in the oven until biscuits were brown. (Again, no where does it say do this but it did turn out pretty darn good!)

I served this with macaroni & cheese because that's what I made for Presley. I also added some hot pepper jelly (courtesy of my uncle Herbert) to the top. It was really easy and really good!

Hope you enjoy as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment