Friday, April 29, 2011

Loaded Baked Potato Dip

I realize this is not the best picture, I took it with my phone because I've not cooked for so long, I forget to take pictures of new things until it's on my plate!

Notice the name is baked potato dip but not one potato in the recipe!! It's good cold or hot. Yum!

1/4 pound thick cut bacon (I use pepper bacon)
1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I used a cheese blend and it was still cheesy and delish)
1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
2 teaspoons hot sauce
waffle fries, potato chips or Ritz crackers

Put everything in the bowl. (I save a little bacon and chives to garnish with.)
Mix well. Pour it into your container and let chill for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
Garnish with the reserved bacon and chives.
Serve with some chips, crackers or even raw veggies.

Here's the deal...most of you know the "drama" we've had over the last couple of years - no need to go into all the details but I say that to say this....I tend to put things I love on hold when there's too much excitement in other areas. I love, love, love cooking for others - seriously, I love to cook for others but when an area in my life is unhappy, it makes me unhappy all over. (Does that make sense?) Well, I am slowly coming out of that shell these days and can't WAIT to get back in the swing of cooking & all the activities around it!

No comments:

Post a Comment