Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Poppyseed Chicken

I've always heard of Poppyseed Chicken but have never had it. So, I went out looking for the recipe just so I could see what the hype was all about. Basically, it's the same recipe no matter where you search - just a few variances. Here's my version!

3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts - boiled & cut into bite size pieces
- I used boneless skinless tenders because that's what I had. One of the recipes I found used canned chicken....so whatever works for you!)
2 cans - Cream of Chicken soup
- I saw some recipes called for cream of mushroom but since I don't do mushrooms, I stuck with cream of chicken!
1 16 oz container - sour cream
2 Tbsp Poppyseeds
1 sleeve (give or take) Ritz crackers - crushed
- I used the Roasted Vegatable Ritz crackers because well, I AM ADDICTED TO THEM and because I have more than 3 boxes of them in my pantry!
1 stick of butter

Mix together sour cream, soup, poppyseeds & chicken. Pour into 9 x 13 baking dish & cover with Ritz crackers. Melt butter and pour on top. Bake 20-30 minutes on 350.
Serve over rice or egg noodles! I combined my egg noodles with the chicken and baked it. Only because I made this for my friend who had the baby and was trying to limit the containers I carried to her house.

Add-on-options: slivered almonds, shredded cheese & green onions
Do you have a favorite Poppyseed Chicken recipe that you follow?

No comments:

Post a Comment