Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hominy Casserole

Mother loved Hominy Casserole. Christmas 2002, she gave me a handwritten recipe book of all her favorite recipes & this was one of them.
Every 4th Sunday following our evening worship at church, we have different themed potluck meals. One particular night was Mexican themed and unbeknownst to me, I got some Hominy Casserole & just loved it! Shame on me for never trying it for Mother!!

Here's her recipe...

1/2 stick butter
1/2 c onion, chopped
2 cans yellow hominy, drained
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c shredded cheddar cheese, divided

Melt butter in a skillet, add onion & cook until tender. Add hominy, cream of chicken soup & 1/2 c shredded cheese and mix well. Pour into 2 qt casserole dish & top with remaining cheese. Bake on 350 for 30 minutes. She sometimes liked using Mexican velveeta to give it a little spice.

I followed her recipe but added a little garlic, 1/4 c milk & a can of green chilies to give it my own little spice!!!

Go ahead and try it and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment