Thursday, April 2, 2009

Beef Enchilada Casserole

As many of you know, I am the PTA Hospitality chairperson at my kids' school, so when the teachers have Parent/Teacher conferences, we (PTA) provide luncheons for them which gives me an excuse to try out new recipes!!

I found this recipe on
Kelly's Korner and modified it a little to fit my needs for our luncheon!

Here's the original recipe as posted on Kelly's blog:

1 lb hamburger meat
1 small onion, chopped
1 can black olives, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can Enchilada sause
2 c shredded Cheddar Cheese
6-8 flour tortillas

Brown meat & onions until done, drain. Mix in olives & add 3/4 c of cheese - let it melt and mix all together. Fill tortillas with meat mixture & roll up. Place in 9x13 baking dish. Combine mushroom soup & enchilada sauce then pour on top. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.

Here's my version...
Mushrooms disgust me so I used cream of chicken soup. I cut my flour tortillas into strips. Once my meat mixture was done, I added the black olives and mixed well. I placed half of my tortilla strips in my 9x13 pan and then added meat mixture, Enchilada sauce mixture & sprinkled with cheese. I repeated the layers & topped with remaining cheese. Then, I baked it just as directed.

Ole'

1 comment:

  1. LOL...I found this recipe on Kelly's Corner too and I made it for Jamie's birthday dinner! It was a HUGE hit!!!

    ReplyDelete