Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pumplin Cobbler

My sister-in-law made this for Thanksgiving. I do not like pumpkin so I was afraid to taste it originally. I ended up getting a bite & surprisingly, I wasn't disappointed!! According to Mendi, it's best when served warm with some whipped cream!!!

In case you're wondering, this picture was of a piece I fixed for Colton (Mendi's son). As soon as I sat it on the table, my mother-in-law said, "he'll never eat all of that." So I said, "whatever he doesn't eat, I will!" He did a pretty darn good job of putting it away and when he was just about done, he said, "you remember what you said you'd do if I couldn't eat all of this?" I said, "yes, slide it to me!" I never did eat it!!

1 large can pumpkin
4 large eggs - beaten
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1 - 13oz can evaporated milk
1 pkg yellow cake mix

1 cup butter, melted
2 tbsp brown sugar (more or less, depending on your taste buds!)
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Blend together pumpkin, eggs, sugar, salt, spices and canned milk. Pour into greased 13x9 pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over top of mixture. Drizzle melted butter over dry cake mix. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter. Sprinkle nuts on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 mins.


I have some new recipes I'm going to share - eventually!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment