Saturday, March 6, 2010

Peach Pie

Not long ago, I asked my Mamaw how to make fried peach pies. I want to be able to carry down the tradition of making her pies. She doesn't remember how to do much else, but surprisingly, she was able to walk me through how to make her pies. It took a little coaxing but I got it!

When I got home, I decided to make a large peach pie than the individual pies and it was so very good.

I just took my crust (store bought, even though I have her homemade recipe) and spread it over my pie dish. I took a large can of peaches, (drained) & added about 1/4 c sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon & nutmeg and then spread them out over my crust. I took another crust & spread it over the peaches & poked holes in it to let the steam out. I baked it for about 30-45 mins (or when crust was golden brown) on 325 degrees.

When I removed it from the oven, I spread some cream cheese icing over the top and just let it set. Oh it was good....real good!

No comments:

Post a Comment