Monday, March 22, 2010

Mozzarella Cheese Dip

I've been reading recipes lately trying to come up with different menu items & ran across Mother's Mozzarella Cheese Dip recipe. I can remember Mother making this recipe for the 1st time and telling me all the raves she got over it. This recipe card is a treasure to me because it's in her handwriting!!! Yes, I treasure anything & everything I have that's in her writing! Matter of fact, I found several of her recipe cards just like this that I will always treasure!

I used a combination of Mozzarella & Cheddar cheese to make up 5 cups. Mayo is mayonnaise not Miracle Whip! That's 1 tsp of Accent, 2 tsp of minced onion & 1 Tbsp minced parsley flakes...incase you needed that spelled out! Oh and I think it's much better if it's made the day before!

You can also add any or all of the following: dash of black pepper; dash of seasoning salt; 1 tsp Parmesan cheese and/or dash of garlic.

Serve with Fritos, any cracker, spread on sandwiches or with raw veggies!

This stuff is sinfully good & addicting! The picture doesn't do it justice! We had potluck at work so I took a picture of it after I got it to work since I didn't get one after I made it at home.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment