Sunday, January 10, 2010

Paula Deen's Hurry Up Chicken Pot Pie

I have been hungry for chicken pot pie for some time now. I found Paula Deen's recipe & thought I'd give it a try. It was DELICIOUS! I don't have a picture of it, unfortunately because once it was done & dished out, I realized, I didn't take any pictures. Oh wait...there were left-overs & I was able to get a picture! Not as good as when it first came out of the oven - but you'll get the idea!
Ingredients
1 c chicken breast, cooked & chopped (I used a large can of chicken)
2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
1/2 c thinly sliced carrots (I used a whole can of sliced carrots)
1/2 c frozen green peas (I used a whole can of English peas)
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 c chicken broth
salt & pepper, optional
1 1/2 c Bisquick
1 c milk
1 stick butter, melted

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a greased 2-quart casserole, layer chicken, eggs, carrots & peas. Mix the soup, chicken broth & season with salt & pepper, if desired. Pour over the layers. (I gently mixed the soup mixture with the veggies rather than having layers.) Stir together the bisquick & milk and pour this over the casserole. Drizzle butter over the top. Bake until the topping is golden brown, 30-40 minutes. (Mine took a little longer!)

Larry liked it and he doesn't even like chicken pot pie. I think next time, I'm going to add whole kernal corn & chopped potatoes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment