Friday, January 1, 2010

Crawfish Corn Chowder

One of my co-workers made this chowder for a Multi-Cultural luncheon at work recently. They had a whole slew of Louisiana dishes and I just had to have this recipe. My VP made Jambalaya & he kindly gave me his "secret" recipe too! It was so yummy!

Here's her chowder recipe....I hope you enjoy!

2-3 celery stalks, chopped
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
2 cloves minced garlic
1 stick butter
2 lbs Crawfish tailmeat*
1 pint half and half
2 cans cream of potato soup
2 cans whole kernal corn, drained
celery seed to taste
salt & pepper to taste
ground red pepper to taste
1/2 bunch of parsley, destemmed & chopped
5-6 green onions, chopped

Saute veggies in butter. Add cream of potato soup, corn, celery seed, tailmeat and half and half to desired consistency. (I added water too). Stir until simmering. Add salt, black pepper and red pepper, let simmer a little more until all flavors are meshed. You can add a can of cream of celery soup, cream of shrimp soup, etc...if you like. Last 5 minutes, add parsley & green onions.

*Crawfish tailmeat can be found frozen in the seafood case at Wal-Mart. Shrimp or keilbasa sausage can be substituted and/or included.

I added a little Tony Chachere's seasoning to give it a more Louisiana flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment