Sunday, February 8, 2009

Breakfast - Food for Thought!

When Bryan & I were growing up, EVERY SINGLE MORNING, Mother would make breakfast - I'm talking homemade biscuits & gravy!!! (She spoiled us SO bad!!!) Mother always made sure we had breakfast & would remind us how important it was for us to eat breakfast. WELL...one of the first things I learned on my weight loss journey was that breakfast IS the most important meal!!! (Never doubt your Mother!) I've had to learn to eat SOMETHING each morning because I have never really been one to eat right when I get up in the morning.

Anyway...in case you're wondering why breakfast is so important...here's why: It refuels the body, reduces the risk of heart disease, good for physical & mental health, better concentration & you have a higher energy level. I will say that biscuits & gravy are probably not the best breakfast choice but it's a good treat every now and then!! Skip sugary cereals/foods too cause it's not good for concentration if you have a hard time concentrating as it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment