Saturday, July 4, 2009

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

I love to read recipes, print them out & then file them. Larry laughs because I have a HUGE collection of recipe books and printed out recipes but always cook the same ole things. Every one in a while, I'll bust out a new recipe and even though it's delicious - I go back to the old reliables! Well, I've been in a cooking mood lately! Not sure if it's because Presley's coming so I'm obsessed with getting things in the freezer so it'll be so much easier with a new baby or what it is! Anywho...I found myself browsing Pioneer Woman's recipe index and found a few recipes (ok, more than a few) that caught my attention. I just so happened to be going to the store, so before the mood left me, I bought all of the ingredients for the following recipes: Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie, Onion Straws, The Marlboro Man Sandwich & Crash Hot Potatoes. And since the kids are not home, I decided I'd make the sandwhich, potatoes & pie for the ole hubby. I wasn't fond of the sandwich but Larry LOVED it! We both loved the Crash Hot Potatoes!
I only took pictures of the pie because it's obvious someone's been eating my pie - right out of the pan!
I think it tastes just like eating peanut butter fudge so beware on the serving sizes, you obviously do not want to cut a HUGE piece of this pie or you'll regret it!

Here's the recipe:

Crust: (I cheated & bought an Oreo crust)
25 Oreos
1 Tbsp butter, melted
Crust the Oreos until they're fine crumbs. Pour melted butter over the top & stir with a fork to combine. Press into pie pan and bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.

Filling:
1 c creamy peanut butter
1 8-oz pkg softened cream cheese
1 1/4 c powdered sugar
1 8-oz container Cool Whip, thawed
Beat the peanut butter with the cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add in the thawed Cool Whip and beat mixture until smooth, scraping the sides as needed.
Pour filling into crust, evening out the top with a knife or spatula. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
She even places the same warning...this is ultra, ultra rich! Cut into small slivers - your guests will thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment